Attic inspection is either ignored or forgotten by the majority of the world. In fact, inspecting the attic can help to money on energy bills along with offering you the opportunity of staying comfortably. Studies too have proven that attic inspection has offered many people to save more. So, are you ready to get your attic insulated? Then these are the things to do before insulation.
Examine the Attic – make sure you understand a few of these things before attic examination takes place.
- There are things to learn about the condition of the roof structure and attic space you should know.
- Ensure there is no moisture, damps and wet spots. Get rid of these things from a professional before the process of insulation starts.
Seal the Place Completely – It is important to do air sealing during the examination phase by using foam spray insulation. Moreover, cracks, holes, gaps should be dealt with that will help in maintaining the desired temperature.
Think about the Right Insulation – These are the factors when it comes to choosing the right insulation.
- Cost – There are different types of insulation. Therefore, choose the one carefully depending on your budget.
- R-Value – Insulation is better if the R-value if higher. However, the R-value also depends on where you reside meaning; hot or cold region.
- Area Availability – Having space is important during the time of insulation. Therefore, ensure there is enough workspace for the insulation process to be carried out.
The under roof insulation blanket also needs to be inspected before the work is carried out by the professional.