Netgear Genie is an interface available for windows and Mac OS to configure the range extender. If you are thinking of configuring the new range extender or want to change the settings of the existing extender, then simply open the Netgear Genie page from the web browser of your computer or download the Netgear Genie app in your smartphone.
Steps to access and set up the range extender through Netgear Genie smart setup are:
- Open the web browser on your computer and with the help of a keyboard, enter the default IP address 184.108.40.206 in address space. If this address is not working, then enter Mywifiext net in the same field and press enter.
- You will find the login window where the login details are to be entered in the sequence manner.
- If you know the default username and password, enter it directly otherwise, take help from the extender’s experts.
- The Netgear Genie page will appear on screen from where the extender setup option can be selected.
- Follow on-screen prompts to complete the setup. It must be ensured that the range extender is connected to the computer.
If you want to change any settings in the previous range extender that is already connected and register on the Netgear account, then go to the main dashboard and select the extender from the list. For any query or feedback, you can contact the range extender technicians.